May 4, 2007

CTH Sock....Done!

Finally these puppies are done.  The sock on the left is definitely the wild one.  It's completely different in the cuff and foot then the sock on the right.   The funny thing is that the heel and gusset of both socks look almost identical.  :~)   Oh well, they look great and they are socks for me so I'm happy.

Dsc02909


Stats:

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, Color: Spanish Moss, 4 oz - 420 yds
Left over yarn: about 3/8ths of an oz....not to much. 
Needles: Knit on US 1, Knit Picks metal DPN's....very smooth needles  :~)
Pattern: Plain pattern generated from Sock Wizard, 6" cuff, 3" heel flap, 10" long foot, foot circumference 8.25".  All measurements I have been given have already figured in negative ease. 
SPI: 9
Started: 1 Apr 07
Finished: 4 May 07

Yes they took me over a month to knit but truthfully it took me 7 days to knit the first one and 7 days to knit the second one, for 14 days of actually knitting on these socks.  I normally knit around 4-5 hrs total each day, sometimes I get more time but that's about average and most of the time I swap between projects.  Rarely do I knit on one project all day long.....must keep from being bored.  :~)   The reason these took me longer if you all remember, was the Great Monkey Incident where in I had problems with the first Monkey sock I made for my swap pal and ended up having to start from square one after knitting one whole sock.  All worked out in the end and my swap partner ended up love, love, loving her socks. 



4 comments:

  1. Love those socks! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I do love the colorway. Congrats on an excellent FO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I totally just bought those same sock blockers :)
    Great minds think alike !!

    ReplyDelete