May 24, 2007

More Sock Progress

For now, I'm just working on my socks.  I'll be starting some other projects over the next few days, but for now I'm being selfish.  :~)

Dscn0616


I'm loving Cider Moon's Glacier yarn....I'm so glad I have a few more skeins in my stash.  That should see me through till I can buy more.  :~)   It's knitting up beautifully, it's soft, and to make it even more nice it's knitting up fast.  I'm getting about 6.5 spi on a US 2 needle.  This needle isn't a true US 2 it's a US 2.5....I can never remember the darn mm sizes.  The gauge is actually 5.5 spi on US 4 needles.  I didn't like the way it looked so I grabbed my 2's because I'm lacking size 3 needles for Magic Loop.  I need to get some size 3 needles the next time I order from Knit Picks.  I didn't feel like DPNs this time around.  Not for a plain sock.  :~)

I'll probably start Kaity's sundress this weekend along with some baby washcloths and another hat for the Loopy Ewe Q2 Challenge.  If anyone is interested in the Q2 challenge you can read more about it out on Sheri's blog.

Side Note:  Anyone every knit in public and have people stare at you like you've grown a third eye or that you may be a terrorist in disguise? 

I could swear that no one on this base has ever seen someone knit before with the way they were looking at me.  I was at the hospital the other day and took my baby hat with me to knit while I waited....glad I did because I did a lot of waiting.  Anyways, I had quite a few people look at me as if I'd grown a third eye and was radioactive.  To top it all off I had one dude who was  looking at me as if I may be a terrorist ready to commit the final act of treason with my circular needles.  I swear one wrong move and he would have taken me down and called the cops.....lol!  So I guess I will have to continue to educate the poor people in the area on knitting because there's no way I'm not taking my knitting with me when I leave the house.  :~) 



3 comments:

  1. The sock is looking good! I love the Cider Moon yarn. I, too, have had people stare at me like I have taken leave of my senses when I knit in public. I just ignore them. On the other hand, I have met a lot of knitters that way. Hope all is well at your place. Any big plans for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! Some people just don't understand that KIP is a requirement for our sanity.
    BTW, the sock is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even my mom looks at me like I'm crazy when I take out the knitting! The karate folks are used to me know, but in the beginning! wow, they just could not get over it.

    ReplyDelete