May 1, 2007

Updates and Such

I was going to work on charting out a birdhouse pattern for a dishcloth for Kaity's teacher but wouldn't you know it, to many distractions in my house.  I'm going to shoot for trying it again tomorrow afternoon when all is quiet in the house.
So instead I worked on this:

Dsc02895

Here's a shocker....I'm going to block the cloths before I give them to Kaity's teacher...lol.  I don't normally block dishcloths because they are just going to go into a sink of soapy water but since these are a gift I want them to look their best so when I'm done I'll go through and block them.



You know, my flat knitting looks so much better now that I'm wrapping the yarn the right way for both the knit and purl stitch.  I'm also knitting more to gauge instead of it coming out really tight.  Yippy for figuring it out.  I've only been knitting for like 10 months so I'm sure there are lots more things that I will learn. 



I'm making several dishcloths for Kaity's teach for the end of the year.  I'm also going to make an apple, butterfly, turkey, bunny, x-mas tree, a snowman (if I can find one), hearts, and then some another lacy cloth or two in some variegated yarns.  I'm going off her fav things and she loves to decorate the house for holidays.  I'll probably make around 10 of them.  Kaity's last day of school is the 25th of May so I need to get to making some dishcloths.  :~)  I can make a cloth in about 2 hours depending on the complexity of the pattern so I'm not really worried about it. 
I have the right colors to do a few clothes but not enough to make all the ones I want so this weekend while I'm in Boise we'll have to shoot over the Craft Warehouse....oh darn.  Hopefully they'll have all the colors I'm looking for because I do not want to wait for them to be shipped to me.  :~)  I think Craft Warehouse is going to be my best bet.  Our Michaels sucks, ok let me rephrase that our Michaels suck for yarn shoppers, they carry some yarns but it's mostly yarns I can get at Wal-Mart cheaper.  I'm not sure about JoAnn's, I've never been in the ones around here.  Craft Warehouse has a pretty good selection of dishcloth cotton.
 
The Loopy Ewe did an update too but I skipped out on this one.  They have some Cider Moon "June Carter" again.  Cider Moon's yarns are so gorgous.  I filled my cart and then closed the browser.  I shopped but did not buy....lol!  I've pretty much gotten all my yarns for the next few weeks.....just have to wait for them to get here now.  :~)



4 comments:

  1. I think a person can knit for decades and still not know all there is to know about the craft. Like the dishcloth. I used to crochet mine. And, yeah, Michael's isn't too great for yarn, but our Walmart is pathetic. Thank God for the internet. Our LYS is good, but also caters to needlepoint and cross stitch so not a lot of stock. Ah, I had to let Sheri's update go, too. This is still killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh the pumpking is net-o. You are gonna get so good especially doing all those designs. :) Can't wait to see you crank out more awesome dishcloths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking out your blog and you've done a great job once again with the dishcloth. Don't feel bad about Sheri's! I'm watching, but will probably have to let go as well as I just spent at Knit Picks, yet again! At least I have some nice yarn to work with versus the acrylic I used before I learned that wool and such was much better to work with. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete