May 8, 2007

Diagnosis: Not Sick

Well it turns out Kaity isn't sick.  She was dehydrated which caused her to get sick to her stomach.  Water, Pedialyte, and a good nap have helped her make a complete turn around.  She woke up at 2:40 am, sat straight up and stated that she felt great and she wanted something to eat.  :~)  I'll probably keep her out of school since she's still wide awake which means here in a bit she is going to be tired.  I'm just glad it turned out that she isn't sick. 

I ordered a few skeins of yarn from this latest Sneak Up Sheri at The Loopy Ewe did.  I couldn't resist.  :~)

On the knitting front:  In the last few hours of sitting up with Kaity I managed to get 8 rounds done with 11 more to go.....sweet!  The never ending gift knit really looks like it has an end in sight.  :~)

I've been cruising through my copy of Mason Dixon Knitting.  I've been thinking about what else to make for the babies that keep popping up in my family.  I make it sound like there are lots and lots of them.  There are only two on the way that I know of....lol.  But you never know who else in the family may have one.  I'm contemplating making some of the Burp cloths but can seem to decide on yarn.  I want something that is usable, easy to wash, and absorbent.  I thought about using Dishcloth cotton like Peaches and Cream or Sugar and Cream.  Any thoughts on this?  Any yarn suggestions?  I'd love to here them.

Well I'm off to scrounge something up to eat and knit some more on the never ending knit. 




5 comments:

  1. So glad Kaity is ok. I wouldn't hesitate to use either of those yarns for burp clothes, bibs, etc. I've used those for dishclothes for years, and, besides a little fading, you can toss them right into the machine. With babies, everything must be washable. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Kaity's feeling better - and you will, too after your order from Sheri arrives! I caught the sneak-up, too! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the kiddo is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear Kaity isn't sick. :)
    Dang, another order from Sheri, hmm are you a loopy groupie yet? hehe. I have 2 more orders to go until I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the kiddos are OK.
    Hmm....I wonder how much sock yarn mileage you have by now?!

    ReplyDelete