May 29, 2007

Go-Go Socks Are Done

I finished up the Go-Go socks around midnight.

Stats:

Yarn: Cider Moon, Glacier in the Go-Go colorway, 253yds

Needle: US 2 Knit Picks 32" Circ

SPI: bout 7

Cast On: 56 sts

Cuff: 2x2 ribbing for 1", Leg: Stockinette st for 4", Heel Flap: Slip st, 3"

Foot Circumference: 8" (this includes negative ease)

Foot Length: 9.25"


Kaity has caught some kind of stomach bug so I'll be up with her all night.  Excellent knitting time when she is asleep but my butt really starts to drag by about noon.   :~)

Here they are stylin' on my sock blockers....

Dscn0673


The blob of yarn is what I had left which actually was a pretty good amount.  I might have enough for Bree socks.  I put it in my stash for now and will figure something out for it latter.  Notice how they pooled completely different.  They have the same amount of rows but the second one pooled more then it striped....the beauty of handpainted yarns.....love em!

Of course you have to have a shot of them in their natural habitat. 





Dscn0676




These socks are so soft.  I think next time I'll put ribbing down the cuff instead of plain stockinette stitch.  I may try toe up on the next set of socks I use Glacier yarn on so I can knit till I run out of yarn.   :~)





4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice socks! Congratulations on a super FO. I can tell how soft they must be. Oh man, giving my hand a rest is just as bad as being on a yarn diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! You are definitely a super fast sock knitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally figured it out - how you finish so many projects - you just don't ever sleep! (They look great!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow they look fab! Really Really!

    ReplyDelete