May 27, 2007

Knitting Update

This is what I knit on yesterday afternoon and evening. 

Dscn0667


I took a break from the sundress and worked on Blake's blankie.  I'll probably work on my Go-Go socks tomorrow.  I want to get the second one finished up here soon. 

I want to give my thanks to all those who are currently serving in the military, have served in the military and those service members who didn't come home....they gave the ultimate sacrifice.  I also want to thank all military dependents.  They truly are the backbone of a military family.  Sometimes it's harder to be left behind, not knowing what's really happening or having little contact.  I've heard it said over and over again from veterans of various wars that they weren't the hero that the hero's are those who never made it home.  Today please take a few moments of silence for all the hero's who never came home.



Have a great day!   :~)



4 comments:

  1. Your blankie is growing pretty darn fast. I need to finish mine up, I kinda stopped for a bit but it needs to get done.
    I second your thoughtful comment about honoring the military for their hard work; past, present, and future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! What an excellent way to remind us of today's true meaning. The concert last night on TV just tore me up-bawled like a baby. I love that blanket pattern. Where did you find it again? Was it the Naked Sheep? Hope today is restful for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is coming along well! Where did you get that pattern again? I may have to try it!
    And thanks for reminding us what today is truley about. There is a local woman who is doing a program to remind everyone what we are remembering. so sad that the kids don't even know....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket and the dress are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete