May 6, 2007

Sock Update & Other Nonsense

I have good news and bad news about Kaity's new socks.

Dsc02920


Good News: Finished the 1st sock in 2 days....isn't it cute 

Bad new: It's visiting the frog pond tonight. 

I had one of my "Brain Farts" when I put in the info into Sock Wizard.  I really wish that Sock Wizard had a negative ease option so you could set up what you like, put in actual foot measurements and Voila perfect pattern....In a perfect world.  I forgot to make the foot circumference smaller to factor in negative ease so the socks are a bit floppy on Kaity's foot.  I know she won't wear them so rip, rip they go and I've got the new pattern printed out with the negative ease in them.  :~)   You live and learn.

I've ordered one of the 47" Addi Turbo Lace needles in size US 1 this afternoon.  I'm going to give them a whorl and see how they are.  Knit Picks classic needles are nice but the yarn tends to snag on the joins when you are using Magic Loop.  I don't have the join problem with my Options just the Classic Circulars.  Plus Knit Picks Classics only go up to a 32" length.  I've read that the Addi Lace needles have a much smoother join.   Guess I'll find out here in the next few days.  I ordered them for the ebay seller Yarnbow and past experience with them has been super fast shipping so I'm sure I will see these soon. 

I haven't cast on any socks for myself because I know my Loopy Ewe sock club package is going to be coming in sometime this week. Sheri said that if everything goes right the club packages should ship out Monday...Yippy!!!

Believe it or not I couldn't find all the dishcloth cotton colors that I needed when I was up in Boise.  Mostly do to the fact that we went to Michaels, which by the way has less dishcloth cotton and more fun fur the Wal-Mart....sad, sad, sad.  Michaels has like a 6' tall by 6' wide selection of nothing but fun fur.....probably every color of the rainbow and then some.  I'm not a big lover of fun fur and use it as sparingly as possible.  :~)   I'll just apologize in advance to all of you who may love the stuff.   :~)



I'm off to go catch some knitting time....well after the sock goes to the pond.  :~)



I think Ravelry actually speaks for itself.  I could write a detailed post but the two places I'm giving links to will give you a better view.  You can go here, to get a rundown of what the website functions are.  Plus as a bonus you can go check out Jessica's Notebook here.  To make it all even better, the site is free.  :~)



2 comments:

  1. My trick for socks is to use a little texture in kids socks; like a k3 p1 ribbing all the way thru the sock. I find that little feet are shaped odd and the texture helps hold the sock closer to their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the fun fur. That is so passed. What they need is a wall of sock yarn. Sorry about the frog pond, but I sure understand your reasoning. Might as well make something she will wear. You will like your Addi Turbos. The join is so smooth. Had to drop the ML I tried again this weekend due to cramps in left hand. Glad the trip to went well. I'm really looking forward to Sheri's package.

    ReplyDelete