May 26, 2007

Kaity's Sundress

Here's what I accomplished yesterday on Kaity's sundress. 

Dscn0666


I felt like a Mac truck ran me over all day long so I didn't knit until after the girls were in bed for the night.  What I should have done was hop into bed and catch so extra sleep.....that would have been the smart thing but no one's ever accused me of always doing the smart thing.  :~)  Instead I put about 10 inches on the sundress and there is about a 1" to go before I shape the neck.  The rest of the knitting when quickly because ever so many rows you decrease 2 stitches and knitting across 60 stitches goes a lot faster then 84.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to put the pockets on.  This pattern calls for having several stripes in a solid color, I decided to go with the main yarn and not go with the added stripes.  I'm thinking that the pockets won't look right and would detract from the look of the dress. 

I can see how a person would go completely insane trying to match up the strips.  The balls are not all wound the same.  The yarn is knitting up nicely and I really haven't had any problems with it, so I'd definitely buy more of this. 



3 comments:

  1. Darling sundress. It will look so cute on Kaity. Hope you are feeling better today. We went to billings yesterday. Yikes, what a hike. Worth it to get to a mall. I envy your ability to knit when not feeling well. Hope all is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always do a solid color pocket matching one of the stripes. I can't believe you've already got so much of it done!

    ReplyDelete