May 10, 2007

Knitting From the Stash

I've been thinking and thinking about this.  Sometimes I just think to much.  :~) 
I've decided that I'm going on my own Knit From Your Stash kinda yarn diet thing.  Mine is going to be completely backwards from everyone else's yarn diets because I'm going to be knitting from my Sock Yarn stash.   Which is going to be tough because I love sock yarn and I know Sheri's suppose to get some Yarntini in....that's going to be the tough one since I really wanted some Yarntini....Must -- Stay -- Strong!.....hence the knit from your sock yarn stash thing.   :~)
So from this point until we are moved and settled in I will not be buying anymore Sock Yarn.  I've got plenty to keep me busy.  This is all that my yarn diet will cover.  I can still buy other types of yarn as long as I have a specific project in mind....which is the only time I seem to buy other types of yarn.  New needles, books, and other knitting accessories will not count either.   I gotta have some wiggle room...lol....Plus there are a lot of books on my wish list still to get.....must have knitting books.  :~)
This yarn diet will be starting now but I do have an order coming in from The Loopy Ewe.  It shipped out on Wed so I should see it tomorrow, if not then Sat.  I'll post pics of that and then from here on out you shouldn't see any new sock yarn photo's from me unless it was something I won in a contest or was gifted to me...**hint, hint** to family reading my blog....gotta birthday coming up next month....lol.
I think I'll put together a little list of what my sock yarn diet does or does not cover and post it in my sidebar.  I need to figure out how to make my own buttons.....I need a goofy Trish is Knitting from her Sock Yarn stash button!  I believe that there may be some who will think I've lost my poor mind and have gone off the deep end!  Guess I now have something to go research after I'm done posting this. 



2 comments:

  1. Maybe we can support each other in the Knit Socks from Our Stash then because I have to do the same thing. My Loopy Box came yesterday, and the timing was wonderful. doing better today. Thanks for all the love and support. Wish I could drive on over to MtHAFB with a car full of sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will be fine knitting socks from stash till you move! Its not too long, right? and you have a birthday next month so that will get you some prezzies!

    ReplyDelete